I wanted to start a blog to keep track of my running distances, times, trends, apps I find useful, podcasts and other running accessories. I also hope to use this blog to document my dreams and goals.
So far my average running time/distance/schedule has been Tuesday and Thursdays are usually a 3 to 3.3 mile run and a longer run on weekends. The longest I have gone so far is 5 miles. My average weekend run is between 4.3 and 4.5 miles.
I don’t usually make yearly resolutions or goals, but this year I feel strongly about setting a goal to do a half marathon. My ultimate running dream would be to run a half marathon in Disney World and perhaps do the WDW full marathon, but that’s real far on my radar. I would also like to consider doing the Sound Runner series to earn a jacket at the end of the season but I am not sure I can adhere to the schedule and distances of those races. I have to do some real thinking about the commitment.
I have been running listening to The Dis unplugged podcasts and WDW radio podcasts and have learned that I really enjoy listening to a podcast instead of music lately.
So far I ran 8 – 5k races in 2011:
- August 8 Potato and Corn festival – 35:58 minutes (hurt my back the day before, ran in the pouring rain). I placed 75 out of 90 runners.
After that back injury I had to take several weeks off to heal a leg injury from overtraining. I was running several days a week most days in a row which gave my leg little time to recover.
- September 17 – Wallingford YMCA race – 31:48 (This was the first cool weather race, it was about 60 degrees).
- September 20 – Miles for Smiles – no official timing I think my time was 30:40. It was a very very muggy hot day.
- October 2 – Southington Apple Harvest festival 32:13 (I was late and was the last one to leave the start line). I placed 332/500 racers.
- October 9 – Autumn on the Sound West Haven – 29:38 (This day it was unusually hot – almost 80 degrees!)
- October 30 – Wicked Good 5K at Lighthouse Point – 29:52 (The day before this race we had a freak snow storm. The weather on race day was 30 degrees with wind). I place 20/51 for my age group and 145/260 total racers.
- November 24 – Branford Turkey Trot – 29:08
- December 11 – Christopher Martin Christmas Run – 28:26 (9:11/mile). I placed 1119 out of 2138.